Life Orientation Skills
LIFE ORIENTATION SKILLS
APPLY LIFE SKILLS TO EVERYDAY LIFE: US 260478, NQF Level: 2, Credits 5
Field: Human and Social Studies; Sub Field: People/Human-Centred Development
This unit standard is for persons required to utilize life skills to assist them in the activities of everyday life and the work environment.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Demonstrating an understanding of life skills as a critical need for a healthy and productive life.
- Demonstrating the importance of communication skills for the health care worker.
- Explaining how life skills effectively influence good decision making.
- Discussing anger management and conflict resolution in personal interactions.
- Discussing the application of social skills in the workplace.
- Applying responsibility and a positive attitude in personal and work contexts.
Communication at NQF Level 1, ABET Level 4.
How you will learn
The program methodology includes facilitator presentations, readings, individual activities, group discussions, and skill application exercises.
How you will be assessed
This program has been aligned to registered unit standards. You will be assessed against the outcomes of the unit standards by completing a knowledge assignment that covers the essential embedded knowledge stipulated in the unit standards. When you are assessed as competent against the unit standards, you will receive a certificate of competence and be awarded 8 credits towards a National Qualification.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 42
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes